Anipal Twitter Parties
Anipals like to party aka pawty. There’s no doubt about that. We’ve held online parties for fundraising for charities, to raise awareness about animal issues, to celebrate birthdays, to honor anipals and just to have fun building community.
I love to pawty with my anipals and I love to help where I can. So I’ve gathered some information here for all pawty animals.
- Anipal Twitter Parties How To’s
- Pawty Q & A
- Handy Pawty Info Links
- Do I have to pay to pawty? NO! Bring yourself and have fun. That’s the heart of every pawty and event.
- Why don’t I show up in tweetgrid or twitter hashtag (search) for the pawty?
- You have your tweets protected (locked). Remove the protection / unlock for the pawty and you’ll be fine.
- Twitter has blocked you from search (& thus tweetgrid, etc.) for “spamming”. They perceive saying the same thing repeatedly as spam, even if it’s saying “hi how are you?” in chat to a bunch of different people. So try to vary your tweets some. Many people make a second acct to use for pawties – everyone can see you even if they’re not following you when you use the appropriate hashtag. Note: Twitter does not allow multiple accounts to be used for the same purpose, so I would be cautious about this.
- Why doesn’t my tweeting work any more?
- Twitter is constipated and random at the moment, OR
- You’re in Twitter jail, which we call Twitmo. This happens when you make and/or receive too many tweets (API calls) within an hour. If that happens, you are shut down from tweeting for an hour or more. I have an entire post about Twitter jail if you need more information.
- Is donating to a pawty charity tax deductible?
- That depends on where you are and where the charity is, in most cases. Check with the charity itself to find out or the pawty host.
- What time is the pawty in my timezone
- You can use the World Clock Coverter if you need to.
- Ask your pawty host.
Theme Costumes for your Twitter avatar are fun but not required. Your own fur, fins or feathers are always appropriate attire. Remember to save your original avatar first! Here are some places you can go to get bling for your avatar:
- Many pawties, such as #Nipclub will have their volunteers make an avatar for you. Ask around to see if that’s the case with your particular pawty.
- Face in Hole
- Ways to dress up your avatar can be found here, plus imikimi.com too.
Tips & Steps to Dress up your avatar
- Make sure you have a copy of your original avatar (download it if you need to and give it original name)
- Have your costume avatar picture ready. Twitter restrictions: Maximum size of 700k. File type JPG or PNG.
- In Twitter, click the gear near the top right and “Settings”
- Click “Profile” (on the left)
- Click “Change Photo” (near the top)
- Click “Choose Existing Photo”
- Click on file of costume avatar picture on your hard drive.
- Click “Open” then Twitter will upload and when it is done, it will say “Your avatar was published successfully.” and you can now see it.
Parties have all sorts of volunteers. There are party organizers, DJs, Barktenders, Sekurity, Quizmaster, prize donors and partygoers. Each one is important to make a party a success. If you’d like to volunteer for any of these positions let me know and I’ll point you in the right direction.
If you have a suggestion or question, just let me know.
Charity Guidelines: I am happy to support pawties for established 501(c)(3) or registered shelters’ rescues, sanctuaries and programs in the ways I can. I recognize that there are other causes and individuals that are worthy, and I hope my information on how to organize twitter parties helps them.